really cool game, realy polished and calm, if I changed anything it´d be just a tiny bit more ores and some companion, a dog or something
The title of this game is a placeholder and will be updated once the game reaches pre-alpha status! This game is still in EARLY DEVELOPMENT.
In this exploration Craft'em-Up, you will uncover the mysteries of a mountain and the legends surrounding its inhabitants.
On your journey, you will forge mighty tools and rediscover long-forgotten knowledge.
WASD - movement
Left-Click/ENTER - mine or forge
Drag & Drop - move items around and drop them on the floor
B - Open Bag
E - Interact
Spacebar - Hold Item with tong
- 🔥 walk around with WASD, Click to mine materials
- 🔥 walk to the furnace to smelt ingots
- 🔥 drag & drop items from your inventory
- 🔥 heat up items with your iron tong
- 🔥 procedurally generated caves
- 🔥 forge tools with your hammer
- 🔥 find rare gems and materials
- 🔥 open chests and store items in them
- (coming soon!) 🤠 Make friends with Dwarves!
- (coming soon!) 🦇 Fight enemies
- (coming soon!) 🗻 Solve puzzles and explore a vast mountain area!
Hey, my name is Miguel and I am a game developer from Germany, currently living in London. This is my first game I have ever built with Godot Engine, to learn more about the journey feel free to checkout my devlog series:
I am working on this game every week and try to produce a devlog after each milestone. So rather than having weekly devlogs, I try to summarise progress in a high quality video.
If you are further curious about the current progress, you can checkout the following:
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Genre||Adventure, Role Playing|
|Made with||Godot, Aseprite|
|Tags||2D, cave, Crafting, devlog, Godot, mining, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, Roguelike|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, Spanish; Latin America, French|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Upgrading my RPG to Godot Engine 4.069 days ago
- Bringing my game to life with Dwarven NPCs!Mar 06, 2022
- cave hotfix: 0.1.13Feb 13, 2022
- Legend of the Forge Update (v0.1)Oct 25, 2021
- I added forging into my cave game!Aug 29, 2021
- I have added a heat system to cave!Jun 12, 2021
- Save game support and preview of the upcoming patch!Jan 23, 2021
- Procedural cave generation insightsJan 01, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
no ores to mine load in the browser version just chests and a big empty map
Erstmal eine gute Idee :) Aber ich hätte mir die Geschwindigkeit wie bei der Eisenspitzhacke zu Anfang gewünscht … Der Seltenheitsgrad von höheren Erz finde ich zu hoch …
Danke sehr fürs Feedback! Jau, das ist aktuell nervig. Wird mit dem nächsten Build geändert!
Browser Ver is just black screen & custom cursor, but there is some sound response to clicking/etc.
Download of Mac Ver says it's Corrupted.
Thank you for reporting this. What browser version did you try with? Also, what is your Operating System?
It's fun! I'm looking forward to the enemies and NPCs.
It's a little hard to see which rocks have ore sometimes. What if you could get a lantern or something from the dwarves at some point in the future?
can you make an option to craft hammers? i would like to be able to use better hammers, like an emiril hammer.
Hammers can be crafted on the latest development build accessible on my Discord! (you'll need to be active there to be able to play it)
I finally achieved my goal! I cleared out a whole map (or at least the rectangle of map that isn't fully filled in) as well as a sizeable bit of its sides after some mess ups, after doing so I have 1136 coal, 732 copper ore, a clean 100 iron ore, 57 gold ore, 54 emiril ore, 36 rubies and 11 diamonds
should mention I've started doing this on an earlier build before anything too crazy was added so there were only two bases and chests
also I've done this over the span of several months, but if I were to sum it all up I think it would be a little under two weeks worth of non-stop digging
Gave it a try. The font is very _very_ hard to read. Love the art style though.
Watched some of your videos recently which brought me here to give this a go.
I didn't look at comments or at any instructions on the page.
- Took me a while to figure out that I had to have ore in the action bar and have it selected to use/activate the furnace. I left and came back to the furnace about 3-4 times before I finally stumbled upon it.
- After smelting some copper bars, I didn't really get the point of grabbing and cooling. I tried to grab and forge but that didn't seem to work. I smelted about 5 bars at once and it caused some glitching/problems for grabbing them.
- I tried to forge some things but don't understand how to get a heated item onto the anvil. I gave up at that point.
- I felt odd not having a specific objective. Should be I collecting copper or iron? How much do I need? How much coal should I get? Just felt at a bit of a loss. Should I just gather forever since there is no weight concerns?
- I think you should randomize the initial state of ore based on rarity. In short, show more copper states instead of just one pixel. It's fun to see veins and look at so have a lot of copper fully exposed to various extents with more hidden near by. It's also a joy to have a few easy (one shot) picks to mix it up.
- The game was a bit sluggish for me on my low end system and the sounds were often times choppy and glitchy. Felt like they were competing with other things. Maybe not enough channels?
_ I played the web version. Not sure if another is available.
Very valuable feedback, thank you so much. A lot of these concerns were also expressed by many others and I already have made plans how to address most of them.
Thank you for spending time with my little prototype! ♥️
This game is LIT dude (Pun Intended)... it's really good
i can't reheat things
i have the coal and the bar but it does not let me
You are carrying the bar to the furnace with your tong? What does it say as a message when you do so?
the game is not running on my browser anymore, i run the game, create a new world and when i try to run it the game goes to the load screen and it became a black screen with a 0,5s sound repeating forever
its funny when you burn the letter; great game bro
can someone please explain how to forge im holding the hammer and the iron bar but it wont turn into a pickaxe
Hey there - you need to first heat up the ingot before doing that, as you cannot really forge material that is cold.
I will completely revamp the forging in the next update to make it more intuitive!
another hot Title, buddy boy, thanks for itching It out
hope to see some good levels of platforms, into towering shadows, keep up the good work
I'll definitely keep that part of the game but in future will introduce a linear story, too.
you should stick some emril ore in the wall to light your rooms up, it really makes a difference.
Is there any way to craft/find higher tier hammers, or are you stuck with just copper ones?
idk why but the games bugging out my computer
and what do i do with rubys
how do i make my hammer better
You might find another hammer in the world. That might help you to reforge your hammer!
Also, it would be really nice if some update added a way for the player to move faster, although I understand that you are busy with much bigger game mechanics than that right now.
Torches and glowing mushrooms haven't been added yet, so I decided to light my base up with some Emiril!
This not a bug so much as a error in game desighn, but once you put items into a stack, you can't seperate them again, for example, you can not seperate five coal into a stack of three coal and two coal.
Hey there! Separating stacks will be implemented eventually!
cool! Although, I was playing around and found a way to do it! By dropping the stack then picking up a single item with tongs, then pick up the single item, and hold it with your cursor while pressing e to pick up the dropped items, you can seperate a stack, I know it's complicated, but now I can have my first ore mined seperate from all my others!
I finnsly got the game downloaded! so I don't have to stick to the web build, and can save my progress! Really looking forward to future updates.
Sooo... we can't forge hammers. At least we can reforge rusty hammer with a hammer from a chest in a loop.
And here I thought that letter was fireproof.
How much coal do I need to turn it into a bar, and then how long do I need to hammer it to turn it into a diamond?
Hah, you found my little letter burn feature! Currently, you can only smelt iron, emiril and copper into bars, 5 coal each.
2 ideas for ya:
1) Heating heated item makes it hot for longer (maybe until melting at some point)
2) If you put an item near anvil it "snaps/attaches" to it so you can combine more items in the craft (for setting gems in tools, or making combined recipes (1 ingot = pickaxe, 2 ingots = hammer (but hammer would have to be huge since more material is involved and be but behind back, not in the pocket or backpack)))
Hi! I found this via Youtube. I tried the game and I really like the way it looks. This seems to be interesting project and I'll be waiting for future updates.
I found an exploit: While mining, if I release mouse1 after hit and press again -> it mines faster, because I don't have to watch the ending animation after hitting a rock. Kinda speedrunner effort because timing the mouse-presses but anyways: just letting you know!
Yeah that is known. I think it is not as bad because you need to constantly abort the animation. If a speedrunner wants to do that, that's fine with me.
Thanks for playing!
Wow! Not much to it, but I already love it! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Keep up the good work!
I love the look of the emril pickaxe but if you could make it so that if ur holding a pick its in your hand but if your not holding it its holstered on a belt and visible that would be cool and a nice attention to detail :)
Oh and making coal appear a bit more often would be great. Awesome game great work, definitely a 10/10 game when it comes to graphics and when its done, 10/10 in all aspects :D
So buetiful :)
Thanks for updateing it, I can finnaly make tools! Man an iron pickaxe is way better than a rusty copper!
Emiril is even stronger!
Ya, I finaly got it, it's instamine on everything I've tried so far! (I've only tried coal and rock though.)
One question, when does forgeing a pickaxe give it more mineing strength and speed? Is it when you get a good tempo? Is it just from hmmering it longer? Or something entirely different?
The forging mechanic currently is not really good and all you need to do it treat it with a lot of heat. So when the item is very hot and you forge it, then its forging score increases. The higher the forging score, the more bonus you get on both strength and speed. So technically, the strongest pickaxes can be forged by heating up your item and striking ONCE and then re-heating it (but it costs coal)
This game is amazing! I've just finished getting a Emiril pickaxe, and have been re-heating it to get the stats up, although it appears the stats have stopped going up, so I was wondering, is it just harder to bring the stats up when the forging score is higher, or is there a cap to how high the stats can get? thanks! :D
it won't let me heat up my bars
Do you have enough coal?
Hello, i play on Mac and when i tried running the game it said its damaged and cant open. can somebody help me?
Ah yes, this is a problem introduced by the new OSX update (safety feature). I am currently investigating that, as it prevents me from even opening up the game with Godot Engine on MacOS!
For a short-term fix, please try Step 4 on here: https://osxdaily.com/2019/02/13/fix-app-damaged-cant-be-opened-trash-error-mac/ it helped me, too
The game is tons of fun already, I'm really looking forward to the finisshed product. A few questions though:
1. When an update comes out, will it be possible to update our old mountins, or will we have to start a new one?
2. Will the game ever be multiplayer?
1. I am looking into ways to "preserve" old progress but that one will only be available by playing the old version of the game. The next version 0.2 will change drastically
2. I have currently no plans to add multiplayer but once the game is released and people want it I may add it
I got into the game and then decided to visit your Youtube channel, I went their and had to reload this tab because of it. I saw that the name I had given my save file had been saved but when I entered the world it restarted me from the beginning. The world has the same generation as if I have not touched it.
I can reheat items, but when I do I can't move it to the anvil. If I drop it I can move but them it becomes unheated. I don't lose any coal in the process but I just can't keep forging it.
Yes, this is a very annoying issue I am unsure about how to fix at the moment: the game currently does not have an auto-save function, so the only way to save is by exiting the game from the pause menu. On Desktop, closing the app itself will also save automatically. On browser though, reloading the tab/window does not allow me to "react" to it, well, because the browser will basically just kill the game.
Maybe a good way to solve this is to auto-save whenever the player does something important (like mining or forging), however, that might impact performance (as saving may take several seconds)
This game is cool, and i made an iron blank but when i try to reheat it, it does reheat but i can't move when it does, i hold it in the tongs and interact with the furnace to reheat i have coal and it makes the blank red but i cant move unless i drop the bar and when i drop the bar it isn't heated and my coal wasn't taken. Apart from that this game is great, I love the art style and the idea of crafting a pick in a forge after making a bar instead of just buying upgrades like other games. keep up the good work
edit: This only happens on the mac version
This indeed sounds like a bug. You would be an absolute legend if you could record a video of this buggy behaviour. I'll try to fix it ASAP.
when i was in the process of recording It worked. I do swear the charactor was bugging out and the blank wouldn't reheat. False alarm ig, thanks for taking the time to reply and stuff.
it happened again lol